Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for our skin, hair, and overall health. Many proven documents tell us that lemon is an excellent whitening agent for the skin. There are several ways to use a lemon to lighten your skin. Here in this article, I will share some information about it and some lemon face packs that you can make easily at home with lemon to lighten your skin.
Select the fresh lemon:
Always use fresh lemon bought from the local market. Do not use bottled lemon juice. Bottled lemon juice is diluted with water and full of harmful preservatives to maintain freshness. So instead of using bottled lemon juice, use fresh lemon. Also, it is cheaper than the bottled one.
A patch test is a must:
Before applying lemon, please do a patch test on your skin. So that you can be sure that lemon will suit you or not. Sometimes lemon can cause skin irritation and redness. So, make sure to apply a few drops in your elbow area and wait for 24 hours to observe. If it seems fine, you can use lemon to your skin.
Face packs with Lemon:
There are many ways to make face packs with lemon juice. But here I am listing down the two most common face packs that you can make easily at home.
- Face pack for oily skin:
- Take 1 tablespoon fuller’s earth in a small bowl and mix it with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of Rosewater.
- Rub the paste gently in your face where you want to lighten it.
- Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with normal water.
- Face pack for dry skin:
- Take 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl.
- Mix it well and massage this mixture in your skin for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off with normal water.
These are some face packs that you can try to lighten your skin.