Danielle Brooks Dazzles at the Screen Actors Guild Awards
"The moment that I saw Danielle's dress, I knew that we were headed for magical moment on the SAG Awards red carpet! Since the dress was the main attraction, I knew that I didn't want the makeup to compete, but at the same time I still wanted it to speak. So I decided that would give her beautiful glowing skin, subtle sparkling eyes and a juicy berry lip."
- Step 1: Apply Charlotte Tilbury's "Magic Cream" and applying Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer for a luminous glow and hydration and flawless base.
- Step 2: Use MAC Comestics "Studio Fix Fluid" with MAC's "Select Cover Up" concealer- to achieve an even complexion and under-eye brightening.
- Step 3: Using a clean mascara wand, brush brows into place and apply Anastasia Beverly Hill "Brow Wiz" pencil to sparingly fill in the brows.
- Step 4: Use concealer with the beauty blender to cancel out the natural color of your eyelids and apply Chanel's "Illusion D'Ombre" eye shadow in Illusoire; rim the waterline with a soft black eyeliner, apply House of Lashes "Pixie Luxe" lashes and finish with 2 coats of Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara.
- Step 4: Add dimension by contouring cheeks, temples and jawline, with Covergirl "Queen Collection Bronzer" in " Ebony Bronzer" and highlight above the cheekbone and down the middle of the nose with Black Radiance's Baked Bronzer in "Gingersnap".
- Step 5: For the perfect pop of color, line lips with MAC's "Current" lip pencil and using a lip brush, apply Lime Crime's Velvetine lipstickin "Utopia" and finish off lips with Covergirl's Colorlicious lip gloss in "Plumlicious".
Nickecia “Dr. Nick” Alder is creator and editor-in-chief of Black Girl Fly Mag. Hailing from Queens, New York, this "around the way girl" is a therapist, scholar and researcher by day and by night, a digital alchemist, engineering online communities that explore and exalt the beautiful complexities of Black women. Her affinity for learning and creating influenced her to marry her passion and profession; thus the Black Girl Fly Brand! She is a media psychologist in training, working to shift the portrayal of Black women and girls. She stands fiercely at the forefront of a digital revolution, encouraging black women everywhere to love, appreciate, and celebrate one another. Nickecia is #BlackGirlFly! Find Her: @Word2Nick