Creative Director's Favorite Natural Couples 2014
“If you can’t handle my bantu knots you can’t handle me!”- a phrase that has grown popular in the natural hair community. With more and more women are embracing their natural hair and we admire the men by their side who love their coils and curls. Here are my Five Favorite Natural Couples of 2014:
1. Solange (@saintrecords) and husband Alan Ferguson
2. Patricia Renee (@Patty_Pepper) and her boyfriend Justin
3. Kristin(@kris_nicole87) and husband Melvin (@renaissance_nupe)
4. Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) and husband Swizz Beats (@therealswizzz)
5. Lisa Bonet and husband Jason Momoa
Courtney Danielle Stradford is co-founder and creative director of Black Girl Fly Magazine. Born and raised in Staten Island, N.Y she is the epitome of a true New Yorker. She has an unwavering passion for fashion, hair, culture and of course a love for brunch! Courtney is a full time microbiology graduate student moonlighting as a natural hair and beauty enthusiast. She began her natural hair journey over a year and a half ago. By combining her creativity and passion she founded her brand Curls and Couture. The Curls and Couture brand caters to the natural, fashionable and fit woman while serving as a platform for advice and inspiration.